Apple Pie Bakeoff
— Sponsored by —
The CORNWALL LOCAL
& The Greater Cornwall
Chamber of Commerce
||How to Enter:
• Starting today registration will begin on our Website, cornwallchamber.org.
• Two categories will be Traditional and Fancy (Decorated crust or crumb topping)
• The number of contestants will be limited to 13 per category, so don’t delay!
• Bring your Apple Pie to Vails Gate Cleaners, 295 Main St Cornwall during the Fall Festival between 12:00 and 12:30pm on Sunday September 24th. Judging begins at 1:00pm.
1. This contest is intended for amateur bakers only! Professional bakers or those who earn a portion of their livelihood from baking or cooking may not enter the contest.
2. Apple Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it. Each Contestant must bake one Apple Pie for judges to taste.
3. Apple Pies must not require refrigeration before serving.
4. Each Apple Pie must be baked in a disposable 9” Pie Pan.
5. All recipes must be turned in complete with ingredient list on a 3” x 5” card, with the recipe name and contestant name & phone number.
6. The finished Apple Pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yolks). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Only one entry per participant.
7. Apple Pies will be scored on Appearance, Crust, Filling and Overall Flavor/Taste.
8. The first place winner will receive a trophy, second and third place winners will receive ribbons
9. Official Fall Festival Apple Pie Contest judges ruling as to eligibility will be final. Judges will not know participants names.
10. Bakers are responsible for taking their pie home after judging and awards.
11. The Committee reserves the right to combine categories if necessary.
12. Previous year’s 1st place winner is not eligible to enter this year but will be asked to be a judge.