The Greater Cornwall Chamber of Commerce created the “Cornwall’s OPEN” Task Force to develop to assist the Cornwall community in re-opening for business. This task force is guided by the GCCC Mission “to promote successful businesses for a successful community”
VIEW / PRINT - CLICK HERE »
1. Engage, communicate, and educate key business and community stakeholders on the guidelines for NY re-opening process
2. Provide leadership, structure and key contacts to help businesses in like categories to collaborate, share and align on best practices
3. Collect business and community feedback to understand key issues, concerns and barriers that may need to be address by local and state government advocacy
Key Areas of Focus
» Arts / Entertainment / Recreation
» Professional Services
» Restaurant / Food Service Lead
» Retail Lead
Top Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the phase of the opening process are we in and what businesses can open?
We are currently in Phase 2 and the following business are are allowed to operate with restrictions:
» Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting
» Retail - (Limited to curbside or in-store pickup or drop off)
» Wholesale Trade
» Professional Services
» Administrative Support
» Real Estate/Rental & Leasing
2. What do I need to do to open?
» Confirm your business can open – Check here
» Develop a Business Safety Plan – Template here
» Employers must provide face coverings to employees at no-charge
3. Where can I get face coverings and other Personal Protective Equipment for my staff and/or customers?
4. How do I apply for extended seating for restaurants for sidewalks and alcohol permits and state guidelines.
> Phase 1 Industry Guidances/Safety Templates/Affirmations
> Phase 2 Industry Guidances/Safety Templates/Affirmations
> Business Lookup Tool: This should be used to see which specific businesses fall into which phases
Additionally, the Governor announced that Outdoor Dining would be included in Phase 2 of re-opening. Attached are some materials that should be read, understood and circulated in order to best facilitate this safely and effectively. The materials attached are:
> Detailed Guidance for Outdoor Dining (which also has a link for businesses to affirm)
> Municipality Application to temporarily extend licensed premises to a municipal street, sidewalk or other outdoor area
> Licensee Certification for Temporary Extension of Licensed Premises onto Municipal Property (to be included with municipality application)
General State Liquor Authority guidance can be found here